Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Introduction - From Inside The Storm

Hello, my name is Bryan. These are the Life and Bipolar Times of my son, Joshua. 

Let me warn you right from the start I am not a very good writer. I am sure with time I will get better. The purpose of this blog is to give me an outlet for all the emotions and thoughts that go along with raising a child who is bipolar as his primary diagnosis. From time to time this will be written by me and sometimes my wife or daughter may submit. We are a family of 6 but the oldest two children are up in their life now, 23 year old girl and 20 year old son who is in the Army. My 17 year old is going into her senior year and will be very busy with school. My wife is a special education teacher who works with children with Autism. I am the one who is Joshua's caretaker, ie Stay home Dad. All sounds a bit crazy doesn't it?

My little guy is 12 years old. I call him a little guy but he almost looks me in the eye and is right at 215 lbs. I am able to sit here and write this because right now he is in the hospital going through medication changes. He has been on so many different variations of "cocktails" I won't even begin to list. When his medications are right, Joshua is one of the most loving children you will ever meet. When his dosage is off or he becomes manic, you do not want to be in the same building with him.. 

This is only a short introduction to who we are. In the days and weeks to come you will get a better understanding of what Joshua and his family go through, from inside the storm. 

All comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment