Sunday, October 7, 2012

Great Weekend!!

We've had a surprisingly wonderful weekend!  We took Joshua on Saturday morning to get his TB test (a requirement for his residential treatment).  He seemed a little confused about where he was going, but he was so good!   Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house (my parents), for the first time in months, and spent the whole day!  Bryan was helping Grandpa with some insulation in the house and it turned into quite a project.  Joshua napped for a bit in the morning, but played in the afternoon.  I know Grandma really enjoyed the day.  It was a little nerve wracking for me with their HD flat screen tv in the living room and all of their other breakables out in the open (I was exhausted when I got home).  But it went by without incident and when Josh was ready to go home, Bryan was almost done helping Grandpa.  And, despite his morning nap, he went to sleep at a good time and slept all night!  What a blessed day!

Today, Bryan needed to go help Nana (Bryan's mom) with some chores around her house.  Josh again took a short nap this morning so his sister and I got to watch a little tv.  He's generally playful and happy.  He keeps obsessing over certain things like "I want ice cream" and "Daddy home?", but he seems to stay content.  Let's hope it stays this way!  I know Daddy is getting a much needed, and well earned, break from the house today.  I'm even doing the cooking!  I hope this pleasant weekend carries over through the week.  We go back to the clinic to get Josh's TB test read tomorrow evening when I get home from work.

I'm so glad I get to have such good moments with Joshua right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment