Thursday, August 9, 2012

8/8/2012 Normal Sleep?

My wife can hear little man roll over in his sleep when she is dead asleep herself.  Last night there was no mistake in how restless he was.  He first went to sleep around 8pm which is the norm for him.  He was awake alot yesterday so we thought he would sleep like a log last night.  By 11pm he was awake and had enough energy to want to go the the sofa and watch tv.  We have learned if he has that much energy it is best for us to go ahead and get up to avoid any possible melt down because we are not in there with him.  There is nothing like going from dead sleep to full MMA match in a matter of seconds.  He was up on and off between 11 and 3.  This is enough to make you fall asleep in your coffee in the morning.  So today it is my sole purpose in life that every time he tries to dose off I will make as much noise to keep him from falling asleep.  I figure if he can do that to us all night I should do it all day for him.  Cause I am more apt to be able to handle a full blown MMA match in the day than at 2 in the morning.

I read a post about parents of bipolar being walking wounded.  I can also say we could be considered the walking dead this morning.  I think his body is getting use to the dosage of Geodon.

My wife told me last evening that I should go fishing this morning.  I attribute his restless night to the thought of me going fishing.  How can you fish when you can barely hold your eyes open?

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling a little too well. This last week we have been going on fumes alone. Our sleep is broken up and interrupted between 1-4 am, very difficult!

    ReplyDelete