Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Birthday Blah

Well I had hope that Joshua would spend more time out of his room today with me on my birthday.  He came out for breakfast.  Sat for about 30 minutes with me and we played together.  Then he was ready to get back to the safety of his room.  Oh how I wish he could have stayed out here with us longer.  Other than the back and forth every time he picks his lip or nails or drops something off the bed where he is playing you would never know he was here.  Well that and the blankets up over the TV and the blinds for when he does come to the living room.

The Dr's have got to take this information and help figure out this puzzle.  I sure hope Paula being back home will help draw him out of his room.


Follow up from Mom......

He was overwhelmed with emotion when I came home, crying almost hysterically. Finally he was calm enough for me to give him his medication. About 45 minutes later he was very social and talking to all of us from the floor in his bedroom. We were able to get him to go the bathroom and he wanted to take a bath. He played and soaked in the tub for a looooong time! I brought Bryan banana pudding for his birthday dessert, and Josh was more than happy to share it with him. We offered Josh some pasta (one of his favorites) but he spit it out. It seems that some foods just don't taste the same to him. He came to the living room, watched tv and snacked on french fries with Daddy. When he was tired enough, he went back to his bed. We had a really good two hours or so with him! I'll be talking to the doctor on Friday about the difference between his behavior during the day and then after his evening medication. Hopefully some of the patterns in behavior will help the doctor figure out how to help him ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment