Sunday, June 3, 2012

Respite Day II - Grandparents visit with Josh

Today was our second day for us.  We went to College Station to show baby girl Texas A&M Campus grounds.  And to see a very dear friend of my wives.  It was a great visit with her and her daughter.  From there went went to another friends house to see them and how big their kids have grown.  It was another good visit with great folks.  After being gone all day it was nice to get back home and find out what had been going on with the little fella.

Grandma and Grandpa decided they would take a drive down to see him today.  I am going to write this as best I can with all the information I have after my call tonight to the unit.  Grandma skips around when telling about this adventure.  We did end up sending another changing of clothes after the hospital lost some of his.  We sent along some fresh fruit, strawberries.  Grandma and Grandpa did fries and chicken strips for his meal.  He was according to the hospital very agitated even prior to their arrival.  Which prompted a chill pill for Joshua.  He did get aggressive with the staff while the grandparents were there but somehow managed to eat about 75% of the food that was taken to him.  Keep in mind he still is not eating the food the hospital provides. At last weigh in he had lost 7 pounds.  Which based on his size is not a bad thing, but its 7 pounds in less than a week and doing it by not eating.  That is not a good way to drop weight.  Grandma said she felt like it was a good visit.  He is getting plenty of rest for sure as every time I call down they tell me he spent most of the day in his room or on his bed and is sleeping soundly at the time of the call.  I don't think he is getting enough to eat to have the energy to do much else.

There have been no med changes since they started him on Depakote.  I would really like to know what the next steps are going to be.  I feel kinda helpless in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment