Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Square One

Certainly did not think this blog would be written as it is tonight.  We were told today they were not seeing the violent tendencies and was not really not much they could do for him at this point.  With that they were getting prepared to send him home tomorrow.  Of course we have not seen the little boy we normally have since he has been in the hospital.  There has been so little progress we were beginning to question ourselves.

Tonight we went for our daily visit.  Mom, Grandma and I were going to make sure little fella had family all around for mealtime.  We took some of his favorites but when I went and got his tray of food he decided he liked it and cleaned his plate.  We had a pretty good visit with him cutting up kinda like his old self only a bit younger.  But he had a sparkle in his eyes. We visited for an hour and a half talking about what he wants me to make for him when he is able to come home and girls of course.  He loves the pretty girls.

The care given is still in question as a pair of shorts given to us to put on him was soiled.  I know no one can take care of him like mom and dad but we do expect his clothes and body to be clean.

As mom was explaining to the staff about his shorts Joshua left my side went straight for mom and pounded his hand right across the side of her head.  I was caught off guard because they had not seen the violence and I let my guard down.  I felt so bad as my wife held her head in pain and Joshua was taken from the room.   The stress from this of course settles in my neck and I end up with a matching headache.  I could tell that he really hurt her but I could also see that the hurt was deeper than just the smack to the head.  She had gotten to a point to accept that just maybe he could come home.  This for us dashed all hopes that it would be tomorrow.  We can't bring him home like this.  As soon as he got in the car for the trip home would be just like before.  I just hope this can be taken into account before they decide to discharge him from the program.  He is not stable.

I am thinking maybe they should call in a consult with his normal doctor.  The one who has been seeing him for the past 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment