Saturday, June 16, 2012

Second Melt Down Today

We had another melt down which was pretty violent.  I decided I could not take too much more today.  I am getting a bit sore and mentally exhausted from the fights.  My wife got the hand and leg restraints and brought them into the room.  He saw them and started to calm down.  He held his legs up for her to put them on his legs and then held each hand out for her to put them on his wrist.  The second all 4 were on he was calmer.  Now in our living room there is really no way to secure these restraints.  He is laying on the floor half way between the sofa and a chair.  Both of which he has no problem moving around.  I looped the two from the hands one under the sofa leg and one under the chair leg very loosely.  If he wanted to get up he could very easy.  The ones on his legs are just there not looped to anything.  If this makes him feel more secure or more in control, then this is what we do.  It just breaks my heart that we have to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment