Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hospital

We have really had a shitty evening and night. As many of you know we are in the ER with Josh again. Everything began ate supper time. Joshua came out of his room for supper like everything was gonna be ok. This is also medicine time. When momma brought his meds he started flipping out. He took his meds after giving dad the proper beat down. The rage continued after the meds were in. I was thinking ok I can hold out til the meds kick in. However the aggression continued to worsen. He got hands free several times and was able to cause pretty good damage with hits gouges and scratches. In the end I got smacked in the nose, scratched on the neck and a gouge near the eyes. When the eye gouge came into play that's when I broke down and asked my wife to call 911. This is not something I go into lightly. I do so with a very heavy heart. Do I know if it is the best thing I am not sure but I can not continue to take all this aggression. We had one of the same emt ladies. She remembered Joshua and knew what she had to do to keep her team safe. Joshua really connected with her. He always does with pretty girls. We arrived without incident.. We went to the same ER as last time but it was like a new facility with new personnel. It took 5 sticks before they could get blood drawn. Not a good deal considering a blood draw with Joshua is like giving a cat a bath. Restraints came quickly we have been here since 710 and it is now 1130. Gonna be a late night.

2 comments:

  1. bryan, are you ever fearful that the medics might accidentally harm him? or police if the show up? and in the hospital? also are you afraid that if he assaults hospital staff that charges maybe pressed against him? in out ERs there are signs all over that its a class e felony if you assault hospital workers. i wonder if this applies to the mentally ill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No when we are going through a rage and 911 has to be called, everyone comes in but for the most part they observe. Like this last time. The Deputy arrived spoke with my wife while the boy and I were on the floor with his hands held down and legs held still by my hands and body weight. Then EMT arrived and they brought the stretcher in and I talked with Josh and got him on the stretcher while keeping his hands safe. They strapped him in while I continued to hold his hands. We went to the ambulance and they put him in then I got in and held his hands. There was no time the entire time he was in the hospital that he did not have me or mom right by his side and in the room. We warn everyone who comes in to stay beyond arms reach from him if we are not holding his hands.

      Delete